December 8, 2009

HAMMAM A LA MOSQUEE DE PARIS


HAMMAM AT LA MOSQUEE DE PARIS
39, rue Geoffroy-St-Hilaire
75005 Paris
Tél: 01.43.31.38.20

Today Monday I'll find the Steam Bath of the Paris Mosque. I recommend consulting days available, some are reserved for women and others are exclusively for men. After having crossed the terrace I take the left door on which hangs a sign "Women only hammam”. After a small room I found the reception. I opt for the 38€ formula. For that price I have the right to access to the steamed room, soap, a scrub, a massage of 10 minutes, a tea. The The steam bath is composed of 3 large rooms. With common areas and places more quiet. After 1 hour under steam I join a gloved lady who will work to make myself a makeover. Then I walk into the main room where I lay on benches sipping tea. I turn on the massage table, 10 minutes: is too short, but divine. Finally, I quit leaving me behind tension and toxins. The experience was positive overall, pity that the locker room does not completely hang of these cases also regrettable that the use of hair dryer self pay.

Géraldine
Hôtel des Nations St Germain
Picture © Paris Tourist Office - Photographe : Amélie Dupont

No comments: